BEFORE YOU MOVE IN
Referencing Fees:- £72 inc vat per person over the age of 18 years. (Only required after application forms are submitted and the Landlord has agreed to proceed to referencing)
Tenancy Administration Fee:- £180inc vat per property NOT per person. (Only required after application forms are submitted and the Landlord has agreed to proceed to referencing)
This will include organising referencing, preparation of tenancy agreement, arranging the inventory and further compliance documentation, lodging the deposit, the check in within the office and a comprehensive property folder of all information to take away including a copy of everything you have signed.
Inventory:- from £60.00 depending on size of property and NOT payable until after satisfactory references have been received.
Deposit:- this will vary according to the rent payable on the individual property and is usually 6 weeks rent in advance which is secured with the Deposit Protection Service.
One month’s rent in advance i.e. the normal monthly rent due for the particular property.
DURING YOUR TENANCY
AST Renewal Fee:- Renewal fee is £60.00 including VAT.
Letters written due to late payment of rent:- £12 each inc 7 days/14 days/ 21 days after rent due
Tenant Find Service
Ross & Co will give the landlord advice on the property’s rental value and discuss any decoration or alteration if applicable at the same time.
Ross & Co will prepare particulars of the property, including a written description and photographs where they shall be automatically added to the property portals such as Rightmove and Zoopla.
Once a suitable tenant is found and the offer agreed with the landlord, Ross & Co will commence referencing at the tenant’s expense, this will include the Government Right to Rent checks.
The Tenant will pay for a comprehensive inventory to be drawn up.
Ross & Co will draw up the tenancy agreement.
This service has a one off set up fee of 3 weeks rental to include VAT. A minimum fee of £400.00 including VAT will apply.
Rent Collection Service
As above, plus:
- We collect the rent, pay you within 7 days of receipt of rental and send you a detailed statement.
- We will write to the tenants if they are late with their payment and notify the landlord.
- The landlord is responsible for arranging a check out (this can be arranged by Ross & Co, charges apply).
- The landlord is responsible for confirmation of the deposit return and negotiating any disputes if there are any.
This service is 12% including VAT of the monthly rent.
Fully Managed Service
As above, plus (once the tenants have moved in) Ross and Co will:
- Be responsible for the day-to-day management of the Property to include minor repairs, maintenance and some replacements. The cost of any maintenance, repairs or replacements shall be borne by the owner of the property.
- We will hold a float of £250.00 on the landlords account to ensure that we are always in funds so that we can organise any maintenance visits by contractors and deal with any emergency repairs promptly.
- Ross & Co is not responsible for arranging major repairs or maintenance or the replacement of items costing in excess of £1000.00.
- Ross & Co shall ensure that the annual Gas Safe checks are kept up to date and organise the visits (fees apply).
- Ensure that the EICRs are up to date where relevant and organise an inspection on expiry (fees apply).
- Visit the property approximately on the third month of the first term of the tenancy and thereafter every six months or a date to be agreed with the landlord. If the landlord requires more frequent visits costs will apply.
- We will negotiate any renewal/rent review of the Tenancy with tenant on the Landlords behalf (fees apply).
- Notify the local authority and utility providers at the commencement and termination of the tenancy and organise the closing accounts to be sent to the landlord or agent if preferred.
- At the end of the Tenancy we will organise a check out to be carried out (at the landlord’s expense) by a third party and liaise and advise the landlord regarding any charges should they be required from the deposit.
- Submit the relevant documentation to the DPS (Deposit Protection Service)
This service is 15% including VAT of the monthly rent.
Please ask a member of staff for a Landlord Pack
Ross & Co are a member of the redress scheme run by
OMBUDSMAN SERVICES – PROPERTY